SUNDAY POST: SIMPLICITY
When I think of simplicity I think of the Amish culture and their lifestyle here in Pennsylvania and nearby Ohio. I have made a number of visits to their community and marvel at their simple way of life free of modern conveniences.
10 Simple Living Tips from the Amish
1. Turn off the TV and sit quietly or go outside and enjoy the sounds of nature.
2. Hang laundry outside to dry.
3. Eat out less and fix more home-cooked meals.
4. Make handmade gift items for friends and family members.
5. Grow a garden.
6. Turn off the lights and eat a meal by candlelight.
7. Get together with friends or family to do yard or household chores.
8. Devote more time to volunteer activities that involve helping people in need.
9. Buy fewer clothes and unnecessary material things.
10. Set aside time every day for devotions–even just a few minutes of prayer or meditation. (This doesn’t have to be religious.)
Visit Jakesprinter’s site Sunday Post: Simplicity to see more entries to this them or to join in with your own post.
Related Articles: Amish Culture, Beliefs and Lifestyle
BE ENCOURAGED! BE BLESSED!